Monday, May 20, 2013

Hello Again

I just want to say for starters I am well.

I have been busy and caught up in life and all of the fun things that go along with having 3 kids.

I got an e-mail today from one of my favorite friends and she was a little concerned about my absence.  I realized I had to get on the stick and get back in the game.

I love blogging and I love reading blogs so I needed to carve out time to do that.

Well since I blogged last I've:
  • attended a Chikara wrestling show
  • hosted a birthday party for both my 6 and 4 year old
  • my baby girl turned 4
  • I went strawberry picking
  • went on a girls weekend for Mother's Day
The week of Andrew's 6th birthday we were lucky enough to have family friendly Chikara coming to town for a wrestling show.  The were kind enough to say Happy Birthday to Andrew and to let him pick the winner in a raffle contest.


We decided that in lieu of gifts we would give the kids a rocking good birthday party.  So we got a bounce house.  Do know how much fun 4-6 year olds have inside a bounce house?  They almost didn't want to come out for cupcakes...they were serious about their bouncing.




For Mother's Day this year all I wanted was to go to Virginia and hang out with 6 of my girls from college.  We had a blast eating, shopping, playing putt putt, shopping, and then hanging out until late into the evening.

(here are a few of my besties)

Having my baby girl turned 4 just seems a little unreal.  In fact I really just don't know where the time has gone.  She is so much fun and enjoys life so very much that it is hard to not just laugh when you are around her.

Case in point, when my aunt sent her a singing birthday card it was cause for a dance party (and I was lucky enough to be allowed to film it).



I think that might be it for now.  I know this post was kind of all over the place, but it was things I wanted to share with you all.

I have a BUNCH of blog reading to catch up on.  I hope you all are having a fabulous Monday and I look forward to any and all comments.

So what have you all been up to lately?

6 comments:

  1. Glad to be of help in guilting you back into blogging :) I like 'all over the place' blog posts, it gives me a little view of just the real day to day stuff of life.

    My kids LOVE those singing cards and always want to get them, but at around 6 bucks a pop I tell them 'I think we can make a card', and they they always go 'OH mom!'

    Glad you got to catch up with friends, that's always important. I am taking my kids to go visit Shauna's brood in July. I've never stayed at her house with my kids because she's never had the room but she does now so we're crashing!

    2 birthday parties! You deserve a nap. A few of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rachel!!! I was wondering, if Marie hadn't emailed it would have been me next. Okay, what have we been up to...the sky and back. I can't even say, it's so dang busy here with all the activities, school, projects, science fair prep, cooking, Vita Mixing, you know just busy.

    As for you, waht a great time to get to go on a girls weekend! You have a good husband. Glad you had a great mothers weekend, you deserve it!

    How is your daughter four and how is my son going to be thirteen? Rachel, thirteen. Am I old enough for that? I guess, but it's craZy! So enjoy the four year old. They are so cute. One of my son's will be four in July.

    Take care and look forward to more,

    Shauna xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, you have been busy! Tell me you got in that bounce house, too? :o) Those are so much fun - even for adults!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to add that when you got back from your girls' weekend, we had a very nice family lunch for Mother's Day. Made my day!

    Love always,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been wondering where you were! But it sounds like you have had an amazing few weeks! I loved seeing all the pics and your mother's day sounds like it was fun. There is nothing like catching up with old friends. Good to hear all is well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Rachel, don't ever feel guilty about taking a bit of time out from blogging. Life's busy and we need to flow with it. It sounds like you've been having a wonderful time, which is the most important thing :D Caroline looks so beautiful in her birthday frock. I can't believe how quickly she's growing up either! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful pics & video with us xx

    ReplyDelete